5 things to do before a new school term
Hello
In England, the school year is split into 3 terms and 6 half terms. At the end of each term there is a two week break. At the end of this break I like to do a few things to get ready for the new term.
1. Sort out my pencil case. At the end of the term, I am usually left with a pencil case full of pens that don't work. So I just swap out the old ones with new ones. The last thing you want is to go back to school after Christmas with 7 pens that have all run out.
2. Re-organise my school stuff. I put all of my books in one place, stock up on equipment, put revision in folders etc.
3. Tidy my bedroom. Completely sort it out. I get rid of all of the things that I don't use or don't need and re-organise everything else.This only needs to be done 3-4 times per school year.
4. Get a lot of sleep. After all, it is the holidays. I tend to loose a lot of sleep during the school week so I try to get as much sleep as humanly possible in the holidays.
5. Quickly review the last lessons. Usually the day before we go back to school I like to just go over the last lesson or two in every subject. Although two weeks doesn't sound like long, I can literally feel the information pouring out of my brain. Skimming over the last lesson of work allows me to remember what we have already done so I can just get on with the new work in the next lesson. I would definitely recommend that you do this.
Seeing as each term is about 12-16 weeks, I think that it is really useful to spend just half an hour of your holiday getting things ready for school.
I'll leave on some good news: only 14 school weeks until summer! (ugh)
-Emicool
In England, the school year is split into 3 terms and 6 half terms. At the end of each term there is a two week break. At the end of this break I like to do a few things to get ready for the new term.
1. Sort out my pencil case. At the end of the term, I am usually left with a pencil case full of pens that don't work. So I just swap out the old ones with new ones. The last thing you want is to go back to school after Christmas with 7 pens that have all run out.
2. Re-organise my school stuff. I put all of my books in one place, stock up on equipment, put revision in folders etc.
3. Tidy my bedroom. Completely sort it out. I get rid of all of the things that I don't use or don't need and re-organise everything else.This only needs to be done 3-4 times per school year.
4. Get a lot of sleep. After all, it is the holidays. I tend to loose a lot of sleep during the school week so I try to get as much sleep as humanly possible in the holidays.
5. Quickly review the last lessons. Usually the day before we go back to school I like to just go over the last lesson or two in every subject. Although two weeks doesn't sound like long, I can literally feel the information pouring out of my brain. Skimming over the last lesson of work allows me to remember what we have already done so I can just get on with the new work in the next lesson. I would definitely recommend that you do this.
Seeing as each term is about 12-16 weeks, I think that it is really useful to spend just half an hour of your holiday getting things ready for school.
I'll leave on some good news: only 14 school weeks until summer! (ugh)
-Emicool
Comments
Post a Comment