The Day Before GCSEs | Thought Bubble

Hey guys

I take my first GCSE exam on Tuesday.

In some ways, I am terrified. The thought that two years of solid hard work could all go down the drain if I have a bad day is scary. I have bombed mock exams in the past so I know what it feels like to walk out of the exam hall feeling like it's all gone wrong. But to do that on the real exams would be devastating.

However, I am feeling reasonably calm. I started revising pretty much since the start of year 10. I have done past paper after past paper, made thousands of flashcards (quite literally) and have covered my walls in revision from floor to ceiling. I feel prepared.

This is strange. I always thought I would be really stressed in the run up to exams. But honestly, it's a day before and I'm feeling fine.

Last week, I posted a list of non-school related things that I wanted to achieve during the exam period. I have already started on some of them. It feels nice to allow myself time off despite the fact that I have exams. And I don't feel guilty about it.

I have packed my exam pencil case, highlighted my exam timetable and sorted out the flashcards I'm taking into school tomorrow.

Next week I will be able to talk about the first week of GCSEs.

If you are taking exams, I wish you good luck. Remember grades aren't everything. Don't put yourself under too much pressure.

Until next week,
-Emicool

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Easy Summer Productivity Tips

5 things to do before a new school term