Sports Day

Hey

Every year that our school has done sports day it has been reasonably simple - if you want to do a certain event you put your name down for said event. This year, however, our school decided that they were going to mix things up a bit and make sports day compulsory for everyone. If you refused, you would get an after school detention for an hour. Naturally, this change caused some problems...
Our school has 6 lessons in a day, each one called a “period”. During period one and two, our year group had to do team sports such as cricket and rounders. This is where everything went haywire. Most people knew what sport they were doing but the lists had been changed at the last minute so some people were unsure. Those of us that did know our sports didn’t know where to go. It wasn’t just us though; the teachers also had no clue. This meant that for the first 10-15 minutes or so everyone was walking around aimlessly whilst stressed teachers were trying to hoard us into areas while they sorted things out. When I was eventually directed into the right place, the game started (I was playing cricket). The first game went okay, my partners and I scored 10 points for our team. The second game went... well not so well. The bowlers didn’t have very good aim so we couldn’t hit the ball and when we did, it didn’t go very far. I can’t really remember but I think we scored about 3 points.
During period 3 and 4 most of the other sports were played. First off I was supposed to do sack race but since the school didn’t have any sacks, it turned into a skipping race down the 100 meter track but I came last because the skipping ropes were more than twice my size. Then I did beanbag throw (so macho so far I know) where I came 4th. Finally, I did the 200m race and I came 5th. In period 5 and 6 every year were doing there medley and relay races. I wasn’t doing any of these so I had to sit there for the whole hour and a half. IN THE RAIN. I actually got an ice lolly at this point but yeah the rest of the day was boring pointless conversation in the rain.
Our school has a radio station that were broadcasting the whole thing live which was quite cool. Also, one of the teachers who has been at our school for years decided to do a 10,000 meter run during lunch time to raise money for WaterAid. I seriously don’t know how he did it, but it was amazing.

So that was our sports day 2015!
-Emicool

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Easy Summer Productivity Tips

The Day Before GCSEs | Thought Bubble

5 things to do before a new school term