The Run-up To Christmas

Hey, guys!

It's that busy time of year again. The run up to Christmas. Now if you have never experienced putting on Christmas shows, concerts and performances then this may seem quite strange to you. But for me, the run-up to Christmas is stressful. Going from rehearsal to rehearsal. Fitting practice between homework and revision. Normally losing my voice or getting a sore throat from the amount of singing. Rushing around trying to organize big events like a Christmas concert at the end of the term.

This year is worse, though. I am in year eleven so I have to do mock exams. Right on top of all of the performances that already proves stressful. Now I know that I can do all my homework, revise, take tests, practice solos and ensemble pieces and do concerts, but I am still worried. These next couple of months are going to be difficult. I am probably not going to have much spare time and, when I do, I will probably be tired.

But that doesn't mean I don't want to do these things.

Trust me, there aren't many feelings like the one I get when the circus is full of school children aged 5-18 with their parents on the other side of the ring. The voices echoing around the large space, creating beautiful harmonies that we have worked so hard to get just right. That feeling when the conducter smiles and when your mum wipes away a tear, alluminated by stunning christmas lights.

Or when I have been working on a piano duet with one of my best friends. Squashing in a practce room everyday with cold fingers and numb toes. Practicing for hours on end and laughing at each others mistakes. The feeling you get when you sit down at the piano with a crowd of eyes on you and everything goes to plan is amazing. Just as amazing as when I work on a solo keyboard piece and feel the audience's eyes on me. Giving me every drop of attention and encouragement. That feeling when I do something unexpected, like turn around and shout something or do some crazy dance moves.
That is what makes Christmas special.

So it's going to be hard and stressful. But it's also going to be brilliant.
It's my last year of high school, why not make it the best?

-Emicool

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Easy Summer Productivity Tips

The Day Before GCSEs | Thought Bubble

5 things to do before a new school term