Thinking about A-levels | Thought Bubble
Hey guys,
Visiting this college has taught me some things that are very valuable.
Okay so prior to visiting the college, I had already met some people teaching there. By this, I mean that they had come into our school various times and talked about the college. I had also already visited the science department of the college with the school for an day of science. About two weeks ago, I was given a prospectus and after looking through it I came up with some ideas of possible A-levels. (I should mention at this point that I had also been considering these decisions over the summer so had a starting point.)
-English Literature
-Psychology
-History
-??? (Either: Music, Religious Studies or Sociology)
The visit to the college today has changed that decision slightly. When I went into the English room and spoke to the teacher there, I confirmed to myself that English Literature was definitely something that I wanted to do. The syllabus looked good and I was confident that I would enjoy the course. One down, three to go.
In the psychology room, I again agreed that the course would be good as the course looked interesting and I think it is something that I could really sink my teeth into. That makes two A-levels so far.
For music, I was unable to see the rooms but after talking with the media and performing arts teachers (as well as a few students) I again thought that this would be a good one for me to do.
History was a bit more complicated. I was so set on doing history because I have really enjoyed doing the GCSE so far. However, after a lot of thinking and a long talk with my mum, I have found that it was more the content and the style of teaching that means that I love GCSE History, as opposed to liking History in general. When I got into the History classroom and saw the syllabus, I realised that I would just not be interested in it. It was hard, but I have decided to drop the idea of doing History at A-level.
So, what about the 4th A-level then? Religious Studies. Statistically, it is my best subject and I have had a love for RE since I was about 10 years old. I adore debating and talking about opinions and religion, as well as discussing why we have those opinions and beliefs. So I think Religious Studies would be the perfect 4th option.
So, my ideas of A-levels are:
-English Literature
-Psychology
-Religious Studies
-Music
Obviously, this list is not absolutely final. Although I think that these courses will be best for me, some things might change and I may have to move things around a bit. But I am happy with this list and I am glad that I went to the open day as it did change my perspective of some of the courses.
-Emicool
Comments
Post a Comment