My experience with braces
Hey guys
So on Friday (August 14th), I got my braces taken off. I thought this would be a good opportunity to tell you about my experience with braces.
When I first got my braces a year and a half ago, I was really scared. All of my friends who had braces were saying that it hurt so much so, understandably, I was nervous when I walked into the orthodontist.
When I got there, they took some pictures of my teeth using a mouth stretcher thing.
Getting my braces put on hurt. First, she brushed my teeth and then stuck a tube in my mouth that was blowing air into my mouth (I have no idea what this was meant to do). She put a special glue on my teeth then one by one added a bracket to each tooth. I know this is pretty obvious but it tasted metallic. She then asked me what colour I wanted (I got red). After using something that looked like a light machine to set the brackets, she started the wires. The only way I could describe this is a lot of tugging and twisting. This hurt the most.
The first night and the day after killed. I could feel my teeth moving and it was really uncomfortable. I found it hard to eat and I lived off of soup for the first couple of days and I found it hard to get my lips over my braces.
However, after the first week, I had no pain. At all. Even when I got them tightened or had to wear bands my teeth felt fine. I ate everything that I did before getting braces aside from toffee and chewing gum.
The results were amazing. My teeth are now really straight and probably the whitest they have ever been (bearing in mind I don't use any whitening products). At the moment I have retainers to wear at night. I have been really lucky to have had such a good experience with braces.
I hope that this gives you a good idea of what you might expect if you get braces. :-)
-Emicool
Congrats on the success of your braces journey! Yes, it's normal to feel nervous at first particularly when you keep hearing negative about how painful braces could be. It’s good to know that the amount of pain you felt is less than what you expected. I'm looking forward to see a recent picture of you showing off your new smile. Thanks! :)
ReplyDeleteMilton Wilson @ A Plus Family Dentistry
Thank you for the comment! A picture will be uploaded soon :-)
Delete