Dear Mum,
I want to take this time today to thank you for being my mum. As of late, I have been attempting to show a little more gratitude but I always seem to forget to thank you for, well, just being you I guess...
Thank you for supporting me everyday. You always ask me if I have had a good day at school and you always remember if I have an important exam so that you an ask me how it went. I have always been able to speak to you about anything because I know that you will listen and I am really thankful for that.
Thank you for supporting me when it's been difficult. When you and Dad split it was always going to be hard for all of us but thank you for making me feel better. Thank you for that awesome song session after my fist break up two years ago (has it really been that long?!) and thank you for helping me out of my 'spiralling circle of nothingness'. From school to dance to home life you have always been there to support me.
Thank you for doing the practical things. You do the washing, drying, cleaning, cooking, tidying the house, shopping and on top of all that caring for us. I'm sorry that my bedroom is always a mess and I can never seem to remember to put my stuff in the dishwasher or put my lunch box on the side. But know this: I am truly amazed by how much you do and it makes me really scared about growing up and leaving home.
Thank you for giving me opportunities. When I'm older, I will be able to look back on my childhood and smile because I have done truly amazing things. Shows and performances, the Warner Brothers Studios, Wembley Arena and so many other school trips. Oh and the family holidays (like Butlins - gosh I love Butlins) that you have put money towards and taken me there. Thank you.
Thank you for my upbringing. You have been the most kind yet stern mother that I could ever have asked for. You have taught me so many things and I would never want to change my childhood.
Thank you for being my mum.
Emily xxx
I want to take this time today to thank you for being my mum. As of late, I have been attempting to show a little more gratitude but I always seem to forget to thank you for, well, just being you I guess...
Thank you for supporting me everyday. You always ask me if I have had a good day at school and you always remember if I have an important exam so that you an ask me how it went. I have always been able to speak to you about anything because I know that you will listen and I am really thankful for that.
Thank you for supporting me when it's been difficult. When you and Dad split it was always going to be hard for all of us but thank you for making me feel better. Thank you for that awesome song session after my fist break up two years ago (has it really been that long?!) and thank you for helping me out of my 'spiralling circle of nothingness'. From school to dance to home life you have always been there to support me.
Thank you for doing the practical things. You do the washing, drying, cleaning, cooking, tidying the house, shopping and on top of all that caring for us. I'm sorry that my bedroom is always a mess and I can never seem to remember to put my stuff in the dishwasher or put my lunch box on the side. But know this: I am truly amazed by how much you do and it makes me really scared about growing up and leaving home.
Thank you for giving me opportunities. When I'm older, I will be able to look back on my childhood and smile because I have done truly amazing things. Shows and performances, the Warner Brothers Studios, Wembley Arena and so many other school trips. Oh and the family holidays (like Butlins - gosh I love Butlins) that you have put money towards and taken me there. Thank you.
Thank you for my upbringing. You have been the most kind yet stern mother that I could ever have asked for. You have taught me so many things and I would never want to change my childhood.
Thank you for being my mum.
Emily xxx
Comments
Post a Comment