Growing older | Birthdays

Hey guys My birthday is on Wednesday and it has made me think a little about growing up. A couple of years ago I would have been ecstatic for my birthday, counting down the days on my calendar and wondering what presents I was going to receive. But this year I haven't really been doing that. I have been more focused on the important exams going on and things that I have to get done that I just haven't thought about my birthday at all. Also, people always ask you what you want for your birthday. As a kid, it would be the same thing: toys that I had seen recently on TV and more Bratz dolls. It's funny to think that just four or five years ago, my Mum would make me sit down a month before my birthday and list all the things from the Argos catalogue that I would like. I would hand write two sides of A4 on all of the presents that I would like, complete with the order number and price. A copy would be sent round my family and they would discuss who would get me what as well as giving me a couple of surprise gifts. Ask me to do that now and we might have a problem. I just don't know what I want for my birthday. I have everything that I need and seeing as I don't play with toys any more, I simply can't list a load of things that I really want. Parties. I never really had massive birthday parties each year when I was younger. However, since I was about nine I have had sleepovers. I really like doing this because it is a really good way of just spending time with friends. Having a laugh, watching a movie and playing games. We usually end up staying awake way into the night talking about random things that don't matter and playing truth or dare. Oh, and eating way too many Pringles... I am still young. I have plenty more birthdays to live and I feel as though there will always be that little spark of excitement when I wake up on the morning of my birthday. Until next time... -Emicool

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Easy Summer Productivity Tips

The Day Before GCSEs | Thought Bubble

5 things to do before a new school term