The Sprint to GCSEs | Thought Bubble
Hello Internet (*salutes*)
My school did mocks in November/December time and, well, this week has been interesting. On Monday I opened my mock results and we had a full day off timetable to go to sessions where they talked about how we could improve.
Mock results: 5As, 4Bs :-)
On Wednesday I had my last parents evening and my teachers basically talked about how to get As/A*s and gave me loads of handouts.
By the time it got to Friday I couldn't even see my desk as it was flooded with loads of handouts and sheets of paper.
Time for a sort out.
I threw out all of the useless junk and put all of the relevant bits into piles according to their subject. I then filed them away in a folder, using dividers to separate each category.
Then it was time for the revision timetable. My first GCSE is 17 weeks away so I think now is a good time to start my revision. At first, I used an online timetable but, to be honest, I was disappointed. It took me about 45 minutes to import all of my exams and how long I wanted to revise. By the time I was done, the scheduling wasn't very good (On some weeks it had given me hours and hours of revision, and then some it had hardly given me any).
So, I decided to make one myself using post-it notes and my window. Best idea ever. Each post-it note is half an hour so it means that it is very flexible. Also, if I miss a section for whatever reason, I can (literally) just move it anywhere. My revision starts tomorrow and I am actually feeling somewhat okay.
With the exams closing in, I also have to keep up with my coursework which has to be finished by Easter half term (yay...).
I am staying at school for at least an hour and a half after the last bell every day to go to intervention. The bonus of this is that I am already starting to collect points as a result of going to them which means I may win a prize at the end of the year. (Yes our school is bribing us with tablets and laptops so we go to after school sessions...)
On Tuesday I have my college interview so in next week's blog I intend to talk about that.
Until next time,
-Emicool
My school did mocks in November/December time and, well, this week has been interesting. On Monday I opened my mock results and we had a full day off timetable to go to sessions where they talked about how we could improve.
Mock results: 5As, 4Bs :-)
On Wednesday I had my last parents evening and my teachers basically talked about how to get As/A*s and gave me loads of handouts.
By the time it got to Friday I couldn't even see my desk as it was flooded with loads of handouts and sheets of paper.
Time for a sort out.
I threw out all of the useless junk and put all of the relevant bits into piles according to their subject. I then filed them away in a folder, using dividers to separate each category.
Then it was time for the revision timetable. My first GCSE is 17 weeks away so I think now is a good time to start my revision. At first, I used an online timetable but, to be honest, I was disappointed. It took me about 45 minutes to import all of my exams and how long I wanted to revise. By the time I was done, the scheduling wasn't very good (On some weeks it had given me hours and hours of revision, and then some it had hardly given me any).
So, I decided to make one myself using post-it notes and my window. Best idea ever. Each post-it note is half an hour so it means that it is very flexible. Also, if I miss a section for whatever reason, I can (literally) just move it anywhere. My revision starts tomorrow and I am actually feeling somewhat okay.
With the exams closing in, I also have to keep up with my coursework which has to be finished by Easter half term (yay...).
I am staying at school for at least an hour and a half after the last bell every day to go to intervention. The bonus of this is that I am already starting to collect points as a result of going to them which means I may win a prize at the end of the year. (Yes our school is bribing us with tablets and laptops so we go to after school sessions...)
On Tuesday I have my college interview so in next week's blog I intend to talk about that.
Until next time,
-Emicool
Comments
Post a Comment