Deep things....
Hello
So this year my school choir got the opportunity to perform (with other school choirs from around the area, local brass band and VERY talented solo performers) at our local circus.
For months we have been meeting up every lunch to practice Christmas carols and taking time out of school (we had to catch up in our own time) to go to rehearsals. These rehearsals varied from 4 hours long to about 8 hours. I have did this last year and during Primary school as well. I have to say that even though it is physically and mentality demanding, it is such a good experience.
I don't think I could fully explain all of my emotions as I was sat in the Hippodrome circus, facing the audience on the other side of the ring. I sing alto (lower part harmony) so I was put with all the boys from my school since all the girls from my school sing higher. It was really fun, though. As the music in the background stopped and the audience went silent, I began feeling nervous. Anyway, whilst I was singing I realised just how awesome we sounded together and how all the hours that we put in were totally worth it. The audience were enjoying themselves and we were too.
Sometimes we don’t join clubs at school because they take up too much time or that we are not the best at the skill (I am definitely NOT the best singer). I am so glad that I have been involved with our school choir because if you look at just that one trip I met tons of new people, learnt new songs, developed new skills and had the best couple of months ever. Being able to sing at that venue was awesome. But what was truly amazing was thinking about how we managed as a group (literally about a thousand kids) to sound stunning. For those 3 or 4 months, I felt like we were a family (cliché I know).
Whoa, that was deep! I should stop now before I enter a portal of deepness until the end of time…. Too much?
-Emicool
Comments
Post a Comment