GCSEs 2017 | Week 2

Hey, Guys!

If you would like to read a synopsis of the first week of GCSEs, you can read it here: GCSEs 2017 | Week 1
The text in italics will be quoted from my journal.

Monday
English Literature Paper 1 (AQA): The Macbeth question wasn't too bad. It was about the theme of ambition (which is a pretty easy theme, I think). I think I wrote a bomb-ass essay for A Christmas Carol.

Tuesday
Textiles (AQA): The textiles exam I thought was great. This was strange because I have never been very good at textiles and I pretty much accepted at the start of the year that it could be my worst subject. But, I finished 20 minutes early. That kind of scared me a bit.
RE Unit 3 (AQA): The last 6 marker was dodgy and I kind of had to make it up. But as for the rest of the paper, the questions were really nice and it went well. My hand died - I wrote 10 pages of A4 in 1 hour 30 mins.


Wednesday
Physics Unit 1 (AQA): This again was a good exam. There were a couple of dodgy questions here and there. Overall, I found the paper manageable which only makes my scared for the unit 2 sciences after half term.
I also had my last ever PE lesson. My best friend and I played tennis which was really fun. We are in no way sporty people, but even so, it was refreshing to run around outside after nearly 2 weeks of exams.

Thursday
Maths Paper 1 - Non-calculator (AQA): From what I remember, the maths exam wasn't too hard. I managed to do some of the last questions in the paper - which is a good sign as those ones are usually the hardest. I left the exam feeling pretty confident

Friday
English Literature Paper 2 (AQA): This paper went well also. My school studied An Inspector Calls and the question in the paper was really good - about the Inspector himself. I was really pleased with the question.
This is a good time to mention the mess up that OCR made in the English exams this year. I am so glad that I am not on OCR, but my thoughts go out to anyone who sat that Romeo and Juliet question - I hope you all get good results regardless.
I also did power and conflict for our poetry cluster. Although the theme of the question was one of my weakest, I actually felt quite confident by the time I finished my essay.
Finally, the unseen poetry didn't go too well at the start. However, I grew more confident as my answer continued and I left the exam hall feeling very happy.


I officially left school on Friday. That made me very happy but also a little sentimental. Only 10 more exams left now...

Until next time,
-Emicool

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Easy Summer Productivity Tips

The Day Before GCSEs | Thought Bubble

5 things to do before a new school term