Taking a Break from Work, Terrorist Attacks and a General Election
Hey guys,
Well, this half term has been interesting.
I have taken a break from revision and have got out f my house a bit more. I have visited family quite a bit and have genuinely enjoyed myself.
I have done lots of reading too which is a good thing. I have even had a sleepover round my best friend's house.
It is important to have a break. Two weeks of GCSEs can be pretty tiring which is why my main focus this half term has been relaxing.
I have started meditating again - I have re-downloaded an app that I used to use called 'Calm' (not sponsored.) It feels good to spend even just 10 minutes a day concentrating on my breath and really switching off from the world.
Also, to anyone who has been involved in the Manchester and London attacks, my heart goes out to you. I am so proud with the responses to these sickening events by the British public. Respect goes out to all those people who have been strong enough to continue with their daily lives and to those who were brave and selfless enough to offer help to the victims of these attacks.
I will end on one important note:
If you are old enough, please vote on May the 8th. I am too young, but if I could vote then I definitely would. It is so important to vote, for so many different reasons. Please, even if you ruin your vote, make an effort to vote in this general election. Every vote counts.
Young people - prove the government wrong. Show up and vote. Make them listen to us.
Until next week,
-Emicool
Well, this half term has been interesting.
I have taken a break from revision and have got out f my house a bit more. I have visited family quite a bit and have genuinely enjoyed myself.
I have done lots of reading too which is a good thing. I have even had a sleepover round my best friend's house.
It is important to have a break. Two weeks of GCSEs can be pretty tiring which is why my main focus this half term has been relaxing.
I have started meditating again - I have re-downloaded an app that I used to use called 'Calm' (not sponsored.) It feels good to spend even just 10 minutes a day concentrating on my breath and really switching off from the world.
Also, to anyone who has been involved in the Manchester and London attacks, my heart goes out to you. I am so proud with the responses to these sickening events by the British public. Respect goes out to all those people who have been strong enough to continue with their daily lives and to those who were brave and selfless enough to offer help to the victims of these attacks.
I will end on one important note:
If you are old enough, please vote on May the 8th. I am too young, but if I could vote then I definitely would. It is so important to vote, for so many different reasons. Please, even if you ruin your vote, make an effort to vote in this general election. Every vote counts.
Young people - prove the government wrong. Show up and vote. Make them listen to us.
Until next week,
-Emicool
Comments
Post a Comment